Thank you for your interest in joining the Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT) team. Please follow us on social media and check back here for periodic updates regarding our staffing needs.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Development is a key member of the management team, and is responsible for developing and overseeing initiatives to achieve LIFT’s short and long-range development goals. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
LIFT is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance access to justice for children and families by providing legal information, community education, and compassionate guidance, while promoting system-wide reform of the courts and public agencies. We empower those without lawyers to successfully self-advocate in the New York Family Courts. To learn more about our programs please visit www.LIFTonline.org.
LIFT is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a team that is both professional and passionate about our work. It is also a great place to work. We encourage ongoing professional development and support a healthy work-life balance. In addition to the satisfaction of seeing the impact they have on the lives of children and families, employees receive competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Essential responsibilities include:
• In collaboration with the CEO, lead and manage the organization’s overall development efforts to raise an annual budget of at least $2 million
• Create and implement annual fundraising plan and strategy
• Manage and supervise LIFT’s development team as well as various consultants
• Train and lead other staff to support fundraising and marketing efforts
• Oversee all aspects of fundraising, including: funder and donor research, cultivation, and stewardship; grants management; proposal writing; individual gifts campaigns; government funding applications, stewardship and reporting
• Develop and implement a planned giving and major gifts initiative
• Ensure accurate data management, including grant tracking, donor acknowledgement, and donor records
• Oversee special events planning, including an annual gala and smaller cultivation events
• Ensure donor engagement through consistent communication, developing content for LIFT’s website, annual report, e-newsletters, advertising materials, and social media accounts
• Serve as staff liaison for LIFT’s 20th Anniversary Committee and Resource and Development Board Committee
• Work in collaboration with the CEO on recruitment and retention of LIFT’s Board of Directors, including developing and managing the Board’s fundraising capacity
• Prepare development and communications reports for the CEO and the Board of Directors.
• At least five years demonstrated experience in nonprofit fundraising
• Successful track record of identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual gifts, institutional grants, and government funding (expertise in soliciting major gifts and planned gifts a plus)
• Exceptional initiative, vision, and ambition to lead a vibrant fundraising program
• Strong interpersonal skills and comfort making donor contacts
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in successfully directing and inspiring others, at all levels of the organization, in carrying out development-related and senior management activities
• Creative, results-oriented, self-starting, willing to learn multi-tasker who is very comfortable with "managing up"
• Superb organizational skills, flexibility, and detail-oriented with strong follow-through and ability to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create effective and compelling communications materials
• Experience in working with advocacy and/or community-based organizations desirable.
• Excellent office and computer skills, including database management, Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet research (knowledge of Salesforce a plus)
• A commitment to LIFT’s mission
Salary: LIFT offers a competitive compensation package.
How to Apply: For confidential consideration please email your resume and thoughtful cover letter with “Director of Development” in the subject line to HR@LIFTonline.org. No telephone calls please.
LIFT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.