LIFT empowers families to make it though the complex Family Court system. Need information about your rights? Want to learn how to start a case? You can find answers to the questions like these now. We are here to help.
Get Help Right Now
- Call our Family Law Information Hotline at (212) 343-1122.
- Email a question through our secure Email Hotline
- Send a message to our Live Chat Hotline Fridays from 10am to 4pm. Click the botton below to access Live Help.
- Visit LIFT inside the New York City Family Courthouses
- Stop by our Family Legal Center in lower Manhattan to receive one-on-one information and support.
Going to Court Today?
Be prepared with some basic tips from LIFT:
- When you begin a case, the Court will ask for things like your ID and other paperwork. This paperwork is not required – but the more you have with you, the better. Use this chart to see what paperwork to bring.
- Bring a pen and paper.
- Bring a calendar
- You may want to bring activities for yourself and your family members in case you need to wait (such as LIFT's activity book for children).
- Come see LIFT in the courthouse to ask questions and receive information (click here to learn more)
Get more tips with our Legal Resource Guide:
Tips on Family Court and How to Work with Your Lawyer.
If you don’t want others using this computer to know that you have visited our site, follow these instructions.