FAMILY LAW INFORMATION HOTLINES
Get help now – call or email the Family Law Information Hotlines:
>> Telephone Hotline: Call (212) 343-1122
>> Email Hotline: Click here to access LIFT's secure Email Hotline
>> Live Chat Hotline: Instant message support available Fridays, 10am-4pm. Click on the button below to access Live Help.
LIFT is here to answer your questions. Call, email, or chat with our Family Law Information Hotlines to receive assistance in understanding your legal options and finding resources in your neighborhood.
About the Family Law Information Hotlines:
- Telephone Hotline is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – you can also leave a message any time and we will call you back.
- The Telephone Hotline accepts collect calls from incarcerated parents.
- Email Hotline questions will be answered as soon as possible, no more than 3 days after receiving a question.
- The Live Chat Hotline is available Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Hotline provides free information about family law, Family Court procedure, and related matters including child welfare policy and child support regulations.
- Se habla Español.
Here are some questions we may be able to help you with:
- "I was told to serve court papers, what do I do now?"
- “My wages are being garnished because the Child Support Collection Unit thinks I am someone else, how can I make this stop?”
- “Can you tell me how I can get custody of my granddaughter?”