LIFT is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance access to justice for children and families by providing legal information, community education, and compassionate guidance, while promoting system-wide reform of the courts and public agencies. LIFT empowers those without lawyers to successfully self-advocate in the New York Family Courts. To learn more about its programs, please visit www.LIFTonline.org.
LIFT is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a team that is both professional and passionate about its work. It is also a great place to work. LIFT encourages ongoing professional development and support a healthy work-life balance. In addition to the satisfaction of seeing the impact they have on the lives of children and families, employees receive competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT) team. Please see below for current open positions. Please follow us on LinkedIn and check back here for periodic updates regarding our staffing needs.
Bilingual Program Associate
Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT) is seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate Program Associate to join our team.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in innovative access-to-justice work. Program Associates provide direct support through LIFT’s Helplines, Family Legal Connection, and Community Outreach programs to people navigating the legal system. LIFT provides our associates with comprehensive training on the laws and procedures of New York Family Court. This position reports to the Director of Legal Technology.
LIFT is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance access to justice for children and families by providing legal information, community education, and compassionate guidance, while promoting system-wide reform of the courts and public agencies. We empower those without lawyers to successfully self-advocate in the New York Family Courts. To learn more about our programs please visit www.LIFTonline.org
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide legal information and targeted community-based referrals directly to participants on LIFT’s Telephone, Email, and Live Chat Helplines about New York State family law in English and Spanish;
- Conduct client intakes by telephone and manage client files for our Family Legal Connection program;
- Assist in facilitating LIFT’s know-your-rights presentations, family law workshops and community resource events throughout the New York City area;
- Schedule appointments for participants, staff attorneys, and pro bono attorneys; and
- Assist with data collection for reporting purposes.
- Fluency in Spanish required;
- Bachelor’s degree required, applicants with legal or social work experience encouraged to apply;
- Strong communication skills and commitment to providing high-quality compassionate service;
- Experience or a demonstrated interest in increasing access to justice;
- Professional, energetic, enthusiastic, able to multi-task; and
- Attentive to details and ability to think critically.
Salary: LIFT offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
Benefits: LIFT offers a generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403B Retirement Savings Plan, TransitChek Program, as well as a generous time off/holiday policy.
How to Apply: For confidential consideration please email your resume and thoughtful cover letter with “Program Associate” in the subject line to [email protected] No telephone calls please.
LIFT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Learn more about LIFT at www.LIFTonline.org.