LIFT is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance access to justice for children and families by providing legal information, community education, and compassionate guidance, while promoting system-wide reform of the courts and public agencies. LIFT empowers those without lawyers to successfully self-advocate in the New York Family Courts. To learn more about its programs, please visit www.LIFTonline.org.
LIFT is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a team that is both professional and passionate about its work. It is also a great place to work. LIFT encourages ongoing professional development and support a healthy work-life balance. In addition to the satisfaction of seeing the impact they have on the lives of children and families, employees receive competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT) team. Please see below for current open positions. Please follow us on LinkedIn and check back here for periodic updates regarding our staffing needs.
Pro Bono Program Manager:
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Pro Bono Program Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of LIFT’s Pro Bono Program, which uses LIFT’s new virtual Family Legal Connection (FLC) Platform to connect volunteer attorneys to Family Court litigants through video conferencing. The Manager will also be responsible for the development and management of other volunteer initiatives including law student outreach and recruitment. The Manager will be trained in substantive family law.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Family Legal Connection
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of LIFT’s Family Legal Connection and Pro Bono Program
- Support the efforts of the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Program Officer to cultivate partnerships with law firms and corporate legal departments to recruit Volunteer Attorneys
- Manage logistics for volunteer attorney training sessions
- Assist Legal Director with training preparation and content
- Supervise volunteer attorneys as they provide advice to participants
- Serve as the primary liaison for volunteers, answering general questions, providing technical assistance, and coordinating schedules
- Collaborate with the Helpline Team and community partners to screen prospective participants for eligibility
- Schedule participants for FLC appointments with Volunteer Attorneys
- Work directly with participants to prepare them for their appointments by gathering documents and setting up a case file
- Manage outreach and relationship building efforts with potential New York State community partners
- Manage data entry and reporting for the FLC Program
Other Volunteer Initiatives and Responsibilities
- Develop volunteer opportunities to support LIFT programs
- Support organization-wide volunteer management by helping to screen potential LIFT volunteers, including volunteer attorneys and law student interns
- Manage outreach and relationship building efforts with law school and law students
- As needed, work directly with litigants to provide legal information and advice through LIFT’s Family LawHelplines, Court Programs and through other community outreach efforts
- This position may require some evening or weekend hours.
- J.D. and New York bar admission required
- Candidates who are pending admission will also be considered
- Experience or a demonstrated interest in Family Law and increasing access to justice
- Experience managing and training staff or volunteers; experience working with pro bono attorneys preferred
- Professional and energetic with strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – able to work with internal and external stakeholders and develop effective partnerships
- Superb organizational skills, flexibility, and detail-oriented with strong follow-through and ability to meet deadlines; sense of humor a plus
- Excellent office and computer skills with an ability to learn new technological platforms; familiarity and experience working with technology preferred
Salary: LIFT offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
How to Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Rachel Andron, Chief Program Officer, via email at [email protected]. Please put “Pro Bono Program Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
LIFT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about LIFT at www.LIFTonline.org