LIFT PRIVACY POLICIES
Last updated August 2019
This website is owned and operated by Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT). We recognize that visitors to our site may be concerned about the information they provide to us and how we use that information. By visiting www.LIFTonline.org, you accept the practices described in this statement.
LIFT uses its best efforts to respect and protect the privacy of our online visitors and donors.
Data we collect
We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly, by making a donation, signing up for our email list, or through our secure Email Helpline.
Standard web server traffic pattern information
General traffic, site usage and length of stay information is collected. This type of information is used to help LIFT improve the functionality of our website and such information is not linked to individual visitors.
LIFT uses your browser's "cookies" to help automatically provide you with better services and enhance your experience on our website. The "cookie" is stored on your computer and is made available to our website during your browsing session. Cookies let us track your website usage so we know which parts of our sites you visit most. You can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your Web browser accordingly.
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the material or policies of those websites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information they may be collecting from you.
By accessing or using the website, you agree to be bound by all terms and conditions of LIFT's Privacy Statement as posted at the time of your access or use. LIFT makes no warranty, guarantee or representation that the use of our website is protected from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities and that your information will always be secure.
If you have any questions about our policies or compliance, you may send an email to [email protected] Thank you for visiting our site.
Last updated August 2019
Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT) places a high priority on protecting donors’ privacy.
What information we collect
- LIFT collects the name, address, telephone number, email address and payment information that donors provide us when they contact us in person, by phone, mail or email.
- We never keep a donor’s credit card information on file.
- LIFT has partnered with Network for Good to securely process online credit card payments via Network for Good (tax ID 68-0480736). Credit card transactions appear on your credit card statement as "Network for Good." These transactions are subject to Network for Good’s Privacy, Security & Disclosure Statement and the Charitable Solicitation Disclosure.
- The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by LIFT. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
How we use it
LIFT will never sell, trade, rent or share names, e-mail or mailing addresses, or telephone numbers of our donors. We use donor contact information for the following purposes:
- Distribution of receipts for donations
- Thanking donors for their donation
- Informing donors about upcoming fundraising initiatives and other activities of LIFT
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies
- Contacting donors about changes to this policy
We occasionally publish the names of our supporters, but we offer donors the opportunity to opt out of being included.
LIFT provides the option to unsubscribe to any email communication at the bottom of every online correspondence. You can write to [email protected] and request to be removed from our mailing lists. To opt out of receiving print correspondence from LIFT, please send an email to [email protected] or a letter to the following address:
Legal Information for Families Today
32 Court Street, Suite 1208
Brooklyn, NY 11201